50+ Ideas For Your Next Family Photo Session
MONTREAL LIFESTYLE NEWBORN AND FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER
Last time you tried to get your family photographed at the mall studio your littlest hurled THE.ENTIRE.TIME.
It was rough. It was a disaster.
You are not doing THAT ever again.
I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t either.
Your family portraits don’t need to be forced on your little ones.
Family photography should be about spending time together, going on adventures, playing, laughing and having FUN – all while capturing REAL memories that you will LOVE looking back on.
I am a family photographer who loves to photograph families in their home, but I know a lot of people would prefer to do something else, or wonder about what I would photograph for 90 minutes + in their “boring” regular lives. So, I put together a list of 50+ ideas for your next portrait session.
Have more ideas? Please leave a comment below and I’ll add them to the list!
IDEAS FOR PHOTOGRAPHING FAMILY AT HOME
- Family playtime – let’s do all your favourite family activities!
- Tickle war
- Reading stories
- Baking your favourite cookies, letting the kids really get their hands, and probably everything else, DIRTY!
- Painting together (paint brushes optional!)
- Bubble bath (your tub and a whole lotta bubbles! we can accessorize with goggles or snorkelling gear!)
- Learning how to ride a bike
- Family dance party
- Saturday morning routine – from breakfast to nap time and everything you do in between
- Morning routine. bed head, breakfast and bath. bring it.
- Craft time, the messier, the better!
- SUPERHERO costume day! try them ALL On!
- Playing dress-up & a tea party
- Getting a pet? Let me be there to capture the look of shock and happiness on your little one’s face!
- 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed…or even just one or two, however many you’ve got will do.
- Day in the Life (4+ hours of capturing your family on a regular day)
- Naptime adorableness, because they are so so cute when they sleep
- Playing instruments together
- Favourite card & board games
- Moving? Let’s celebrate the end of a chapter in your current home
- Walk, aka adventure, through the neighbourhood
Crazy stuff we do with our kids before they get too big and heavy:
OUT AND ABOUT: FAMILIES ON THE GO
- A trip to your favourite ice cream parlour, the more sprinkles the better…
- A trip to the Montreal Biodome
- First train ride for your train lover
- Trip to the library
- Trip to the farm
- Apple Picking
- Exploring the streets of the old port or downtown
- A day at the zoo – capturing your little one’s eyes lighting up as they see the animals!
- Getting your first fish from the pet shop
- Going Fishing
- Backyard bonfire and roasting marshmallows
- Backyard camping
- Splashing in the lake
- Family picnic, with a blanket a basket and all the picnic trimmings!
- Backyard fun – swimming, swinging, making bubbles and kicking the ball around
- Feeding ducks at the lake
- Hiking through the local wooded trails
- Front porch family time
- A trip to the beach
- Strawberry Picking
WINTER FAMILY MEMORIES TO CAPTURE
- Building a snowman, family style
- Snowball fight
- Making snow angels
- Dancing in the falling snow
- Building a fort
- Backyard skating rink
- Snow day sessions can end indoors with a nice cup of hot cocoa topped with everyone’s fav, marshmallows!
- Dancing in the rain
- A trip to the Apple Orchard, where the trees are in full bloom and the animals are waiting
CELEBRATING YOUR CHILD’S BIRTHDAY
- Birthday celebration – capturing all your little one’s favourite things on their birthday, right through to icing the cake and licking the spoon
- Birthday balloon surprise! Surprise your child by having a room filled with balloons waiting for them when they wake up! We can have a morning breakfast party!
- Picking up your beloved family member from the airport
- Hanging our with Grandma & Grandpa
- Playing cards with grandparents
- Looking through old photographs together
The best time to do this is now, before life gets in the way.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MY LATEST WORK
You take a ton of pictures with your phone, and they're cute but not really what you were hoping for? Or maybe they're terrible - too dark, too bright, blurry and just blah? Help is here!!! I've put together an e-guide with EVERYTHING you need to know...
I remember that feeling of carrying my babies and wondering how they would look, how they would be when they were finally in my arms. Would they have lots of hair, 10 toes, would they be healthy and strong. It was a great mix of excitement and anticipation. It was...
Montreal Lifestyle + Documentary Photographer creating the most meaningful images you will ever have of your family.
Family photographer in Montreal, QC Canada. Specializing in lifestyle and documentary newborn, baby, pregnancy, baptism and family photography and videography. Offering family films, documentary sessions, day in the life photography, videos, slideshows, video stories for your families. Offering in home newborn, maternity, baby, child, and family photography. Also offering on location photography for your family at other indoor or outdoor locations. Best to book while pregnant. Also offering documentary photojournalistic baptism photography. Business and Personal Brand photography for entrepreneurs. Available to travel within Montreal, Laval, Longueuil, Chateauguay, Town of Mount Royal, NDG, Boisbriand, Rosemere, West-Island, Westmount, Ile-Perrot, Ile Bizzard, Hudson, Montreal-East, Point-Claire, St-Eustache, Mirabel, Vaudreuil and other surrounding areas. Also available for long distance travel.